This supervisor training course is for new or recently promoted supervisors or team leaders and deals with exceptional supervisory skills, managing staff, reporting back, delegation and how to motivate your team to achieve results. Supervisors and Team Leaders have to manage people but still work as part of the team. Being a first line supervisor is a challenging role, requiring very good people management skills. This course is ideal for recently promoted supervisors/team leaders or for those in the role who has had no formal training and wants a refresher course. This course will help you develop the key skills needed to organise and direct the work effort of your team. You will be given clear guidelines on each topic and will have the opportunity to hone your skills with the practical exercises
Benefit from upgrading to ILM Certificate
Leadership and management LearningZone
Master the essentials of management in the ILM LearningZone, which includes digital learning materials developed by professors from some of the world's top business schools.
Stay on top of the latest leadership and management thinking with access to an online catalogue of e-books, business books summaries and thousands of e-journal articles.
Build a strong CV from scratch, find out how to promote your key skills and use our job search to research the latest opportunities from thousands of job sites, newspapers, associations and company career sites.
What you learn:
By the end of the course you should be able to:
- State the key aspects of their role as a supervisor / team leader, and demonstrate how to put these into practice
- Understand their own values and motivations in the workplace, gain insight into those of others, and explain how this can be used to get the best out of their team
- Get appropriate and realistic standards/objectives for their team and for individuals within it
- Describe a model of team leadership and how they can put this into practice in their workplace
- Describe a wide range of different ways in which they can support the development of their team members and help them learn
- Give people effective feedback to improve and correct performance
- Delegate activities to team members effectively
- Explain their role in implementing formal people management procedures, such as discipline and attendance
- Produce an action plan to help them transfer their learning into the workplace
During the course you cover:
The topics covered in this supervisor training course are:
- Introduction and Welcome
- Understanding the Role of the Supervisor /Team Leader
- Understanding Yourself and Others
- Getting the Best out of People
- The 5 Key Roles of the Supervisor / Team Leader – Lead, Communicate, Plan, Organise, Control
- Setting Standards and Objectives
- A Model of Supervision / Team Leadership
- Developing Your Team
- Effective Feedback
- People Management Policies and Procedures – The Role of the Supervisor / Team Leader
- Personal Action Planning
- Course Evaluation and Close
All our in house training course are available to tailored to yours and your companies/delegates needs with our CTP (customised training programme) solution. Designed to meet any challenge or level required. Ask for a full proposal for you training, tailored to suit you.
Inhouse training at your premises - £875 for a group of up to 12 plus £59 per delegate reg fee for ILM (ex vat and travel)
Public Course Information & Booking:
Public Courses - £285 per delegate including reg fee (ex vat) including refreshments/certificate/manual
Simply change the end date in the box below to view all courses and locations for this course - click the book now link to book the course.